2nGjyaM0o1rqhFuD65616DjpVfI Juicebox Confession: Extraordinary Ordinary Day

Friday, May 16, 2014

Extraordinary Ordinary Day

I have been shying away from doing many writing challenges.  I have not had the focus or energy to put into them but I couldn't say no to Karen over at Baking In A Tornado. So, I threw caution to the wind and signed up for just one. Use Your Words. 

I made sure to put a reminder in my calendar for two days before it was due to be posted. That way, I would have plenty of time to concoct the perfect post. 

Then it was a full moon. I was careless or maybe just pregnant and mushy brained. Whatever the excuse, it is currently 13 hours before this post is to go live and I am frantically typing away. 

In my defense, I had concrete plans to write today. Then the sun came out and the playground beckoned. We spent three hours at the park. By the time we got home my daughter was covered, head to toe, in dirt. A sure sign that it was time well spent. Time I could have spent writing but I can write later.

We came home long enough to set up the indoor tent and spend some time "camping". I got to hear insightful campfire stories about stars and tress as told through the eyes and words of a three year old. Nothing is better than hearing her stories. Plus, I can write later.

After our camping trip came to a much to early end, we left to meet my husband for dinner. We had a great conversation while our adorable daughter sang at the top of her lungs and wooed the waitstaff. It was one of those everyday moments that was truly spectacular. A moment I wouldn't have traded for anything. I can just write later.

I also learned a rather predictable lesson: eating far too much delicious food and then walking up hill to the car will leave even a three month pregnant lady breathless. I also learned that it was entirely worth it. While trying to catch my breath I remembered this challenge. It is fine, I thought, I can write it later.

We wrapped up the evening by meeting friends and having great conversations while our kiddos rode their bikes and scooters until the sun started to slip behind the mountains. Hearing the laughter of five kids with bikes a puppy was the perfect ending to a typical but amazing day. All I had left to do was write.

It is finally later. My daughter is asleep, my husband curled up on the couch. The dogs have been fed and let out and are on their beds, breathing slowly. As my fingers glide over this keyboard, telling the story of this day, I am reminded just how blessed I am. Sure, this post would have been a different piece if I had written it earlier. Maybe it would have been better. But one thing is for certain, I would have missed out on some pretty amazing moments if I hadn't decided to write later.

____________________________

Today’s post was a writing challenge. This is how it worked: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique, as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.








Check out all the participating bloggers, see what words they got, and how they used them.

I used: Breathless ~ Careless ~ Insightful ~ Predictable ~ Throw caution to the wind ~  Full Moon
      

They were submitted by: http://www.healingtomato.com



Links to the other “Use Your Words” posts:

http://bakinginatornado.com                       Baking In A Tornado
http://batteredhope.blogspot.com                Battered Hope
http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch/              Confessions of a part-time working mom
http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com            Someone Else’s Genius
http://fbxadventures.blogspot.com                 FBX Adventures (In Parenting)
http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/            Spatulas on Parade
http://stacysewsandschools.blogspot.com/        Stacy Sews and Schools
http://www.outmannedmommy.com                 Outmanned
http://www.eviljoyspeaks.wordpress.com           Evil Joy Speaks
http://www.healingtomato.com                        Healing Tomato
http://themomisodes.com                           The Momisodes



16 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I'm glad you decided to write later and have such a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is a tribute to blogging at it's best; it should never take over your life, just be a part of it. Life is your favorite meal, blogging is dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely!! (Hence why it took me nearly 3 weeks to respond to comments.)

      Delete
  3. Doesn't life write the best stories? Especially with a 3 year old main character? Loved every paragraph of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can always write later. It's something every writer with children should take to heart.

    You can always write later, but your kids won't be little forever. This, I know. So, like you, I write later. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree so much!!! Kids are little for a nanosecond. Write later. :)

      Delete
  5. *laugh * I think I just spent way too much time scrolling back and forth to find all your words in your post. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Means I did a good job making them work in my post seamlessly! Did you find them all? ;)

      Delete
  6. Yea, I totally was last minute in writing mine too. I can't even blame it on pregnancy brain.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a magnificent post!!! I am glad you didn't give up a beautiful day just to write a word challenge. You did great with my words and I am delighted to read your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so happy I did your words justice. I had a blast.

      Delete
  8. You always write in such a way I can visualize where you are. What a nice use of words! I'm glad you waited to write - you shared an amazing part of your day. Glad you're starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy! That is a great compliment. XOXO

      Delete