2nGjyaM0o1rqhFuD65616DjpVfI Juicebox Confession: Use HER Words

Friday, April 11, 2014

Use HER Words


Welcome one and all to another Use Your Words writing challenge presented by the always amazing Baking In A Tornado.This month 12 bloggers swapped a set of words and challenged each other to write a post
using each and every one of their words.

My words were thoughtfully gifted to me by Confessions Of A Part-Time Working Mom. (Make sure you go check out her contribution as well.)

I love these writing challenges. They make me stretch my grey matter beyond it's comfort zone. Every now and then, though, one will trip me up. Sometimes it is the topic, sometimes the words, sometimes it has nothing to do with the challenge and everything to do with a whole lot going on, consuming my brain, making it hard to write.

Guess which one it was this time?

I couldn't back out of this, that wouldn't be fair to the other11 very talented writers. So, I called in the troops. In this case, the troops is my 3.5 year old daughter. I decided to ask her what these words meant, write down her answers and hopefully end up with something adorable.

I think it worked out just perfectly. But, admittedly, I am extremely biased.

Anyway, here are my kiddo's definitions of my Use Your Words challenge words.

Sugar pie is for eating!!

Rain is what you go around, from the river when it drains. It goes around and makes something else. Rain. Drain rain.

I don't know. What does Curb mean?

YOU'RE MAKING A LINE!!! It's when you trace a line all the way, like a sidewalk as you go, like this (pointing at my desk) is a line. Rhymes with whine. You know, "whaaa whaa whaaa!!" Like that, that is whining. Rhymes with line.

Music is when a radio plays music. *Sings at top of lungs*

A Black Cloud is when it rains. You know, it's, well, black.


Is there no more writings stuff? Mommy? Will you read them to me?

She may be my only kid but I am pretty sure, she is a genius. Seriously. 

Thanks for reading and sticking by me. Fingers crossed for black clouds that will bring the rain and curb this writing drought. The sound of the keyboard clicking, letting out my thoughts in s a semi-coherent manner once again will be music to my ears. When that happens, there will be sugar pie for everyone!!! 

See what I just did there? Yup, I used my words, twice. Did I go to far? Cross a line?

You are welcome.



Please do check out my fellow wordsmiths:

Baking In A Tornado                    
Follow Me Home...              
Stacy Sews And Schools       
Outmanned              
Someone Else's Genius                
Confessions Of A Part-Time Working Mom               
The Momisodes                   
Impoverished Vegan               
Spatulas On Parade              
Battered Hope                     

         

16 comments:

  1. Apparently even a writer's block brings out the best in you. I'm so glad you pushed forward and found a way to use your words (TWICE). As far as creativity goes, you win the prize. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! It was a gamble. Apparently I work best under pressure.

      I never win prizes!! Yay!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Twice? You're a fantastic over-achiever! Ha! I love that you shared your blog post with your little one. Sometimes, our kids make the best posts! :) ps. I used "you're welcome." in my post today too. Happy Friday <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say, pressure brings out the genius in me. Ha!! Thank goodness for my daughter. Seriously. I can't wait to read yours!! XOXO

      Delete
  3. That was a GREAT idea!! I love the kid definitions! TOO CUTE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Michelle, I am sorry my words gave you a hard time, but hey, your sweet little cutie and you did SO WELL!!! She really said "line" rhymes with w(h)ine, how genius is that? "Is there no more writings stuff?" Haha, she's too adorable :-) I can send her more anytime.
    Would you like to know how I came up with those words?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You words didn't give me a hard time, my own writer's block did. :)

      Delete
  5. An excellent idea! I have three untapped brains running amok in my house. I'll have to pick at them one of these days!

    I love toddler-speak. It's insightful and to the point. You're daughter is no exception - she's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I highly suggest picking those young brains. They are a goldmine!

      Delete
  6. I think it was an excellent idea and cleverly done. Involving your little one was genius

    Carol @ Battered Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried that this would be a flop. So happy to hear folks loved it. Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  7. I LOVE LITTLE MINDS! What a neat idea to talk to your daughter about what to write. I love it. I may in fact have to borrow that idea ... I'll link to you when I do...and site your genius because I LOVE that idea!

    ReplyDelete