2nGjyaM0o1rqhFuD65616DjpVfI Juicebox Confession: The Littlest Thing

Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Littlest Thing


It is truly amazing how big an impact something so tiny can have.  The worry, the anxiety, the
unknown.

I have let my big worry about this tiny thing rule my world. Every step is filled with trepidation. Every turn a “what-if.”

But today, today I am going to enjoy it for what it is. There is nothing I can do to change the outcome. Today, all I can do is enjoy the moment.

Have the best day ever.

If it all ends tomorrow, so be it. What I do today is all that matters. I can’t live for the maybes of tomorrow.

So today I will allow myself to smile. Laughter will erupt spontaneously. I will fall into the arms of faith and blindly allow my own happiness.

The other option is to drive myself insane, to lose grip with reality and live in a world of perceived fears and what-ifs. I could surround myself in the darkness of the unknown and succumb to the anxiety of it all. I could allow it to become all encompassing and eventually consume me.

I won’t do that. I can’t do that.

I have come far too far. I have worked too hard. So, happiness it is. Happiness it will be.

In reality, this tiny thing will end with a very happy ending. It will turn into something big and beautiful. It has the potential to change my life for the very best and bring me more happiness than I could have ever imagined. I chose to focus on that.

And if in the end it all goes wrong, it ends in sadness, at least the journey was happy. At least the path to the outcome I feared was lined with smiles and laughter.

It is truly amazing how big an impact something so tiny can have. The worry, the anxiety, the unknown, I am letting go of. I am shifting my focus onto the happy and that is where I will stay.


Everything deserves happy.  Even the tiniest, unknown things. 

For more Sunday Confessions head over to More Than Cheese and Beer

14 comments:

  1. It is the little things that add up ... they become the BIG, joyous things we need and deserve. I hope that choosing to be happy and slowly travel along the road with the little things will bring you peace and bliss.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annette. So far, taking my time to enjoy those little things is paying off. XOXO Thank you for reading.

      Delete
  2. I love how you never fully define the tiny unknown things beyond the worry of tomorrow, even though I'm dying to know what was in your mind when you wrote this, because that wasn't important. It's really easy to focus on the negative, and really, we need to what you said up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I had a bunch on my mind when I wrote this. It is a culmination of many little things. Things that I have discovered mean so very much to me and I am so glad I never over looked.

      The negative is so easy to slip into if you lose focus of those tiny things.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Love you. Beautiful post. I can't wait for the beautiful, happy ending. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! I think I am living my happy ending, except it isn't just an ending it is the beginning and middle as well. XOXO

      Delete
  4. You definitely deserve this huge happiness!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. God's got this! Enjoy the journey! Xoxoxo
    so so much love you to darlin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoying the tiny things is the way to go, I agree. That's why I'm doing the https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/100happydays
    Sometimes we lose perspective and wait for the ultimate great thing to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could spend your whole life waiting for happiness to come to you or you could look around and create your own happiness. Realize you are surrounded in it. It is in the details. I have loved seeing your 100 days of happiness. XOXO

      Delete